K9 Etiquette Daycare Application
K9 Etiquette strives to provide a fun safe atmosphere to allow your dogs to play, socialize, and exercise. In order for
us to accomplish this goal all dogs entering daycare must go through a screening process. The first step in this
process is for potential clients to fill out the application below. Please be as honest as possible. This will allow us to
determine not only if daycare is appropriate for your dog but also determines which play group your dog will fit best in.
City: ___________________________ State:________ Zip Code: ________________
Home Phone: _______________________ Work Phone: ________________________
Alternative Phone: ___________________ Email: _____________________________
How did you hear about us? ______________________________________________
Home Phone: _________________________ Work Phone: ______________________
City: ___________________________ State:________ Zip Code: ________________
Name: ____________________________ D.O.B: ________________ Sex: ________
Breed: ___________________________ Weight: _____________________________
Is your pet spayed/neutered? ( YES | NO )
Where did you get this dog? (i.e.: breeder, rescue) ________________________________________________________________________
How long have you had this dog? ____________________________________________
If you have not had this dog since puppy-hood do you know anything about its previous history? If so please explain.
Please provide proof of vaccination dates along with your application.
1. When were your pets vaccines given? Please specify if rabies and distemper vaccines are one ore three year
vaccines. Rabies ____________ Distemper ___________ Bordetella __________.
2a. Is your dog going to need a meal during daycare hours? If yes please specify the amount. Owners are required tobring food at drop off time if they would like K9 Etiquette to supply their dog a lunch. _______________________________________________________________________
2b. All natural treats are often supplied to the dogs during daycare for good behavior. Does your dog have any dietrestrictions we should be aware of before offering treats? If so please feel free to provide us treats that are safe foryour pet. ___________________________________________________________________________________
3. Does your dog need any medication during daycare hours? If yes what is this medication for? How much does thepet need? At what time is the medication administered? Owners are required to bring any necessary medication atdrop off time. _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Is your pet on Heartworm Prevention? _______________ Brand: ________________
5. Is your pet on flea and tick prevention? _______________ Brand: ________________
6. Does your dog have allergies and if so please specify? _______________________________________________
7. Does your dog have any medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, heart problems, or hip dysplasia? If soplease explain and specify if this medical condition put any restraints on your dogs type or length of play while atdaycare. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
1. How would you describe your dogs overall temperament? Typical adjectives used to describe your dogstemperament might be outgoing, dominant, submissive, reserved, fearful, playful, aggressive, and aloof. Pleasespecify any specific environmental situations where his temperament changes from his normal behavior. _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________
2. How is your dog on leash? ________________________________________________
3. Does your dog ever get hard to control? If yes please explain. _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Has your dog ever been in a fenced in yard? If yes have they ever dug under or jumped over the fence? If yes what was the height of the fence?______________________________________________________________________
5. Has your dog ever shown possession over food, treats, bones or toys towards another person or dog? If yesplease explain. ________________________________________________________________________________
6. How is your dog with being touched? Please specify if there are any areas they dislike such as ears or nails. ______________________________________________________
7. How is your dog with strangers? Do they have a preference between men and woman? ________________________________________________________________
8. Has your dog ever immediately disliked a person? If so please explain the situation.
9. Has your dog ever growled or bitten a person? If so please explain the situation. ___________________________
10. Does your dog jump or lunge at people? ____________________________________
11. Does your dog have any fears that you are already aware of such as thunder, crates, or heights? _____________________________________________________________________________________________
12. Typically how does your dog behave with other dogs? Do they have a preference between small and large dogs? Male or female dogs? Is your dog better meeting dogs on or off leash?
13. Has your dog ever attended a dog daycare or park? If so is this on a regular basis? ________________________
14. How frequently does your dog get to play with other dogs that are not living in your home? __________________________________________________________________
15. Does your dog ever lunge at or mount other dogs? ____________________________
16. Does your dog have a preference for playing with (check any that applies)?
17. Please describe your dogs play style. Does your dog tend to play on top or bottom? Does your dog like to use hismouth or paws? Does your dog like to run? Play tug? _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________
18. How have you felt about your dogs previous play experiences? Did you think they were great or did they makeyour nervous? Did you wish you had more control over your dog?_________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________
19. Is there anything else you think we should know about your dog?
Although this daycare is run by a professional trainer, training will not be provided during their stay. Your dog mightlearn a few additional commands to help control them during their stay but that is not the purpose of them attendingdaycare.
1. Has your dog ever had any professional training? If so please describe the type of training. Was it group or privatelessons? Was it puppy class or obedience? Were the lessons taught using positive reinforcement training orcorrectional methods? _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Does your dog know sit? ( YES | NO )If yes, how reliable is the command? __________________
3. Does your dog know down? ( YES | NO )If yes, how reliable is the command? ________________
4. Does your dog know stay? ( YES | NO )If yes, how reliable is the command? _________________
5. Does your dog know come? ( YES | NO )If yes, how reliable is the command? ________________